CHICAGO BOTANIC GARDEN
Spring Digital Photography Contest
Entries accepted April 1 – June 21, 2010
Winners announced July 1, 2010
Calling all photographers! Show us your vision of spring at the Chicago Botanic Garden.
→ Submit photo entry online
→ View Gallery of Current Entries
The winners will have their photographs featured on our website, which is seen by close to a million people each year. The grand prize winners will each receive complimentary one year memberships to the Chicago Botanic Garden.
A photo gallery will be updated each week during the contest, so that all visitors to our website will see contestants’ work.
This gallery will become the site of online voting open to the community for one week following the close of the contest, from June 22 to 29, 2010.
The two Grand Prize winners and first and second runners-up will be announced on our website on July 1.
rules (FULL RULES AVAILABLE HERE)
- One submission per person.
- Accepting digital photographs only.
- Open to all amateur photographers not employed by the Garden; the contest is closed to Garden staff and professional photographers.
- Contest photograph must be taken at the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- Photographs will be judged in-house at the Garden.
- Additional voting will be by the community at large through the website when the contest closes.
- Photographers agree to let the Garden use both their photograph and their name on the Garden website and in Garden publications; however, names will not be public during the public voting period.
- Photographs must be accompanied by a description of the photo including the date and Garden location.
- Photographs must be of high-quality jpg formatting, with a maximum width of 1,020 pixels. Submit photos beginning on April 1, 2010.
- File size may not exceed 2 MB, and no print submissions will be accepted.
- A virtual photo exhibition will be updated weekly.
- No cash prizes—Two Grand Prize, First Runner-Up, and Second Runner-Up winners will be featured on our website.
- The two Grand Prize winners will recieve one year memberships to the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- No age limits, but no age categories either—one contest for all photographers.
- Online voting will be available for the spring contest after the contest closes for one week only, from June 22 to 29, 2010.
- One vote per person.
bonus photography insights
Join staff photographer Robin Carlson on the first Saturday of each month. Meet Robin Saturday, June 5, in the East Greenhouse Gallery at 9 a.m. and get expert tips on photographing the natural world of the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Social Media and eNewsletter
Sign up for our to ensure you receive information about future photo contests with the Garden. To see more Garden images, visit our .